Green and Picturesque, the Southern Highlands
is thriving with many deciduous trees planted by
the early European residents, who took advantage
of the cool climate.
- Bowral a thriving tourist and health resort.
- Stop and browse the many antique stores.
- Tea and scones you can’t miss or that cappuccino instead.
- Visit Bradman Museum to see the display of cricket memorabilia, also highlighting Sir Donald’s achievements.
- A stunning view of the town from Mount Gibraltar, which rises 863metres above sea level.
- Picnic spots and magnificent views from 4 lookouts on Mount Gibraltar.
- For a quiet bed and breakfast stay in Burradoo.
- Visit Mittagong an attractive town known for its gardens, art, craft and antique shops.
- Wombeyan Caves , renowned for their beauty and spectacular limestone formations are located in a scenic valley, 65km south-west of Mittagong.
- Berrima is a town of Georgian splendour, which is an almost perfectly preserved time capsule of 1830 to 1850 period.
- See the Berrima courthouse with unusual rounded cedar doors.
- Berrima Goal built in 1839 now a medium security facility and rehabilitation centre.
- Berrima Museum displays local memorabilia and historic items.
- Visit holy Trinity and St Francis Xavier churches.
- Moss Vale, retirees’ retreat, has lush pastures surrounding this pleasant Southern Highlands market and tourist town.
- See more than 80 species of birds in Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve, a wildlife sanctuary on the banks of Wingecarribee River.
- Have a picnic on the riverbanks of Wingecarribee.