The Sapphire Coast is the
most southerly coastal region in NSW.
- As the name Sapphire suggests, this coastal region boasts the sapphire blue waters of the Pacific.
- For the country lovers, Bega Valley, a large country town with rich dairy farming industry and Bega Cheeses, is a must visit.
- Those fishing fans out there, the town of Bermagui offers gamefishing, one of the town’s main focuses.
- For holiday destinations with beautiful lakes Merimbula is the place to be.
- Further south, Eden, once well known for its whaling industry is now a perfect destination for fishing and whale watching expeditions.
- The whale museum gives a fascinating insight into the history of the whaling industry and the surrounding temperate region.
- There are many smaller towns and quaint villages offering arts & craft, Cobargo for example.