Canberra (meaning meeting place in Aboriginal word)
is a city with spacious planned streets, modern
city living and imposing architecture.
- Guided tour of parliament house, see Parliament if in session.
- Pass the High court and National Library.
- Tour past the many diplomatic embassies and consulates.
- Visit Australian Institute of sport.
- The Australian War Memorial is a must visit - wander through the grounds at your leisure.
- View “The Lodge”, the official Prime Minister’s residence.
- For a spectacular display of colour in spring (Mid September to Mid October) don’t miss the “Floriade”.
- Enjoy magnificent views over Canberra from Mt Ainslie.
- Enjoy the flora and fauna of the region.